What music genre an artist or a song belongs to? what key or tempo is this song? You can use our free music genre finder and analyzer to quickly find genre and more interesting information( song’s key, BPM, popularity…) about any music you love, or to find an artist genre. Just enter the song title/artist name and leave the rest to our genre checker tool.
“You are what you listen to”. Music tells people a lot about who you are and what you care about, this is the first reason why some people want to know what type of music they listen to, the second one is that they want to listen to more music similar to it, but they often don’t know what the genre is called to be able to search for it.
What genre is my music?
It’s really not a simple process to identify The music “genre” of a song or an artist. Since musicians can be very creative, not all songs/artists have a specific and defined genre. Some are a combination of many, others present a new pattern with no associated genre at all.
Something that would be very difficult because there’s not universal agreement on what constitutes most subgenres to start with and there are so many. For example, electronic music has 200+ sub genres on its own, 250+ rock and metal subgenres. So we here to help you with this free online tool that defines what type of music a song/ an artist belongs to?
How to use this music genre finder?
Artist/Song genre finder tool is the best way for music lovers and playlist curators to find the genre of a song or an artist. All you have to do is type your song name in the search box, and the app will match that music or song in the databases of Spotify and Wikipedia, and if the match is found then the music or song details will be displayed on section below that contain more interesting information such as song’s key and bpm…
Don’t worry if you can’t remember your favorite song name correctly, search box will automatically suggest a few songs for you to select from. You also can start with artist name instead of song name.
You can also find an artist genre using this tool, all you should do is to select artist option then start typing your favorite artist name in search box. Identify the artist and get his music category with one tap.
Song mood analysis
In seconds, this music genre finder app will analyze the song mood like energy and happiness, and it will give you helpful metrics about your favorite music that you were looking for and more.
In addition to providing song genre tags according to Spotify and Wikipedia databases, this tool also works as an audio analyzer so you can get track analysis which contain the following musical attributes:
- Duration: length of song. Is it long or short?
- Tempo (BPM): The overall estimated tempo of a track in beats per minute (BPM). The speed at which a song is recorded and performed has a profound impact on how it is perceived . Is it slow or fast?
- Key: What key is this song in? You can use this tool as music key finder, it gives you the Key in which a song was composed. In music theory, the key of a piece is the group of pitches, or scale, that forms the basis of a music composition in classical, Western art, and Western pop music.
- Camelot: An alternative notation used by DJs.
- Popularity: popularity here depends on the total number of plays the track has had and how recent those plays are.
- Happiness: Scores with a higher number sound more positive (e.g. happy, cheerful, euphoric), while tracks with a lower number sound more negative (e.g. sad, depressed, angry).
- Danceability describes how suitable your favourite song is for dancing based on a combination of musical elements including tempo, rhythm stability, beat strength, and overall regularity.
- Energy represents a perceptual measure of intensity and activity. Typically, energetic tracks feel fast, loud, and noisy.
- Acousticness: A measure whether your music is acoustic. The higher the number the more acoustic sounding your music is.
- Instrumentalness: The closer the instrumentalness value is to 100, the greater likelihood the track contains no vocal content.
- Liveness: Detects the presence of an audience in the recording. Higher liveness values represent an increased probability that the track was performed live.
- Speechiness: Speechiness detects the presence of spoken words in a track. the closer to 100 describes tracks that are probably made entirely of spoken words.
- Loudness: Is this song quiet to loud? It is measured in decibels (dB). Values typical range between -60 and 0 db.
- Explicit: Is this song has sexual content or not?
Find which genre of music an artist belongs to
By using this tool, you can find artist genre tags according to Spotify and Wikipedia databases. You can also see Artist popularity and followers count.
We hope this song/artist genre finder will help you discover more about your favorite music whether it was classical or pop/rock or any genre of music and better understand the streaming landscape.