Is it possible for a computer to automatically identify a snapshot of a playlist mood, what insights could be Drawn from playlist and how to apply this data in a meaningful way?
While Spotify already provides some information about playlist such as followers’ count, curator name playlist length, you might want some more detailed data.
With Spotify playlist analyzer you can easily find some useful information and interesting statistics about any Spotify playlist to get better understood what kind of music you love.
This free app specifically developed to analyze Spotify playlist (yours or not) and presents the data with a beautiful design of the musical structure to give you a detailed insight on any Spotify playlist. Just follow these steps:
1- Copy and paste a Spotify playlist link in the box. (not a track link or artist link).
2- Click on analyze button to start.
The playlist’s name and owner will show directly, So you can be sure about what playlist you are going to analyze. You also can listen to preview of the playlist also.
If you want to discover more information about a specific song or music from your favorite playlist, check Spotify track analyzer that gives you more information about song’s genre and more useful musical attributes.
The Spotify playlist analyzer Properties
playlist can help you discover these musical attributes about any Spotify playlist.
- Total tracks number.
- Total Artists number.
- Total Followers number.
- Genres – the most common genres found in the playlist (main genres and sub-genres).
- The most common Artist found in the playlist
- Length – The average of songs’ duration in the playlist.
- Beats Per Minute (BPM) – The average of songs’ tempo in the playlist.
- Key – The average of songs’ keys in the playlist.
- Popularity – This tool analyzes the popularity of tracks one by one to give you, The average of songs’ popularity in the playlist.
- Happiness – The average of songs’ happiness in the playlist. higher the value, the more positive mood for the playlist.
- Danceability – The average of songs’ Danceability in the playlist. how danceable playlist’s tracks are, The higher the value, the easier it is to dance to this playlist.
- Energy – The average of songs’ energy in the playlist- the higher the value, the more energetic playlist.
- Acousticness – The average of songs’ acousticness in the playlist. The higher the value the more acoustic the playlist is.
- Instrumentalness – The average of songs’ Instrumentalness in the playlist. The higher the value, the playlist will be more music and less vocal.
- Liveness – The average of songs’ Liveness in the playlist. The higher the value, the more likely the playlist is a live recording.
- Speechiness – The average of songs’ Speechiness in the playlist. The higher the value the more spoken word the playlist contains
Also tow tables of the most repeated artists/genres found in the playlist.
If you are an artist, Getting your music playlisted can be the promotion you need to bring in thousands of new listeners. So this tool will help you to analyze any playlist before you submit music to, Is this playlist a mainstream or niche type? .. So you can get the greatest benefit possible from and will not lose your money.
We use the Spotify Web API to capture information about playlists. We hope this tool will help you find more suitable playlists for your music and better understand the streaming landscape.
The playlists rating is a measure to help you find how good a Spotify playlist is. But what makes a playlist good? There are many factors, currently we rate a playlist based on the following criteria:
- Not Repeating artists: a good playlist usually has one song per artist. Rating will be low if artists repeat so many times.
- Genres: So many genres in a playlist will give it low rating, best is to focus on one or few main genres in the playlist. You can check the main genres chart when you analyze a playlist.
- Variety of tracks popularity: Good playlists usually have a mix between popular and non popular songs in order to help listeners discover new music.
- Playlist length: We considered a good playlist length as 50 tracks at least, and there is no maximum length.
The scale runs from zero to five. Generally speaking, the higher this number, the better the playlist is.
*Please note that our rating system is still new and we are still developing it, you can also be part of this! Just contact us and share your ideas.
Do you have any feedback to help us improve this tool? contact us [email protected] and we will be happy to hear from you.
We added table of tracks information with a feature to export it to csv file. Thanks to Josep A. for this idea.
Fix a problem with decades table. Thanks Dustin for informing us.